Last week during a design review, I was suggesting ways to make my client’s e-book cover look irresistible, when she said, “It doesn’t matter what image you put there…they’re getting it for free.”
“Your free offer is your introduction to a potential customer,” I gently countered. “You do want it to look fabulous. You want them to think, ‘if her free stuff is this good, what she’s selling is worth it!’”
Yoo Hoo! Over Here!
Your free offer graphic will likely be the smallest image on your webpage. So how can you draw people’s attention to your free offer?
- Make your title as short as possible
- Use a bold font
- Use a bright color
- If using an image put it on a solid background to create a distinctive silhouette
- Avoid putting type on top of an image because it’s hard to read
Make Them Want It
Now that you have their attention how can you get them to take action?
- In one sentence tell them how they will benefit from your free information
- Add a strong call-to-action like:
- Get it now!
- Yes! I want it!
- Send it to me today!