I’m a graphic designer who started out designing printed materials before web pages existed, and who continues to ask, “Why?” Here’s my take on why you need these 5 essential elements for your website:
1. Why do you need a webheader?
To tell your web visitor the name of your business and what you do (your tagline).
2. Why do you need content?
Search engines find your website by the words you use. At this time search engine robots cannot read an image, unless you describe that image in your Alt tag.
3. Why do you need a sidebar?
To give extra relevant information about you and your business.
4. Why do you need a free offer?
- To give people a sample of what you’re selling, and
- give you the ability to collect their names and email addresses so you can stay in touch with those who are most interested in you, your product(s), or your service(s).
5. Why do you need a blog?
To add new content to your site on a regular basis so that
- search engine robots keep indexing your site,
- visitors understand what you do, and
- to keep you focused on your business and your customers.
Need help with your WordPress website?
I’d love to learn more about you and your business. Contact me today for a free 20 minute consultation.