No every host is suitable for WordPress. So, how do you know if the host you’re considering will play well with WordPress, and your budget? Here’s how to find out, thanks to a tip from the awesome Women’s Coding Collective.
1. Go to your host’s website
2. Check out the Shared Plan options
3. Look at the Features list to see if it includes MySQL, PHP and WordPress Support.
NOTE: Some hosts that do support WordPress will only list MySQL under Features. To be certain, use the form letter that the WordPress Requirements page offers:
4. Copy the letter
5. On the host’s site go to their live chat window
6. Enter the letter into the chat box
7. If they say “Yes” choose a price plan that suits your budget = win-win.