One day my tennis instructor asked our double’s group, “What’s the most important position on the tennis court?”
Answer: The Ready Position.
The Value of Being Ready
A client phoned me last week needing a new business card and WordPress website Home page…in 6 days. It was not an impossible request because (1) we’ve worked together since she started her business three years ago, and (2) she had all the important pieces in place:
- new website URL
- web host that services WordPress websites
- style guide including headline and body fonts, RBG and Hex values
- copy for both the business card and home page
- professionally photographed headshot
- header image that could be used for both print and web (business cards and website)
Price, Turn-Around, Quality: Choose One
As a print designer for over 20 years I’ve produced hundreds of jobs, on all types of machines: letterpress, 1, 2, 4 and 7 color offset presses, and all forms of digital printing. Depending upon the need I’m able to match the job up to printing device.
Are You Ready?
Sometimes the most difficult part of a job is knowing where to begin. Whether you need a business card or a one-page WordPress website, the above list will help get you ready. You’ll not only be off to a great start, it will even help you can save time and money when you need something…yesterday.