How do you let the world know you’re the real deal? Let others sing your praises!
Testimonials are the best way to sell yourself or your product — and your sidebar is the perfect place to add testimonials in your WordPress website…but it needs to be added as code. Wait! Stay with me on this one. I’m going to show you how to:
- (1) turn your text into code, and
- (2) how to get your testimonial in your sidebar — the easy way!
Create Code The Easy Way
Instead of learning how to write code, let WordPress do it for you. Here’s how:
- Dashboard —> Pages —> Add New
- Give your page a title like “code only”
- Add your testimonial and
- any font styling you wish using the text editor (i.e. bold, italic, colored font)
- When you’re satisfied with your testimonial text, click Save Draft
- Click the Text tab
- Select everything you see in this text box — all the text including the code (see image below)
- Copy it
- Now you’re going to head over to your Text Widgets:
Dashboard —> Appearance —> Widgets
- If a prompt appears asking if you want to leave the page, click “Leave Page”
Here’s Where the Fun Starts
- Locate your Text widget on your Available Widgets page (see below)
- Click on the “Text” widget, hold and drag to any sidebar area of your choice*
- Paste your coded text into the Text widget
- Give your Text widget a title
- Click Save
- Click close
- Check out your updated site and take a bow!
*NOTE: Your Widget page will not look like mine because I’m using the Genesis Framework and a StudioPress theme called Prose, but you should have a Primary and/or a Secondary Sidebar on your “Available Widgets” page. I’m also using a Genesis plugin called Genesis Simple Sidebars which allows me to create unique sidebars for each of my pages.
If you would like to speak to me about building a powerful and unique WordPress website using the superior Genesis Framework and a StudioPress theme, call or email me today.
Leave a Reply