For years I have heard others talk about how important it is to “stay in the present moment.” You know, not dwelling in the past or worried about what’s to come.
Easier said than done, or so it seemed until this past Sunday when my minister spoke about being thankful.
“This moment is all we have,” she said, “When we live in the moment we stay ready to be thankful. All the little things add up, and it leads to so much more…By practicing gratitude in your life at the present time, and being aware of it, you are strengthened. Thanking others also strengthens those who receive it.”
She closed by saying, “If you are thinking it, you are being it. By staying thankful we bring more gratitude and thanks into our lives.”
On this Thanksgiving week I wish to be reminded of all the little things that continue to add up — for which I am truly grateful. Thank you to:
- my coaches for helping me stay focused on my purpose
- my accountability buddy for keeping me honest
- my clients for stretching me to do the best job possible
- my dance instructors for keeping life fun
- all the organizers and presenters of the WordCamps I attended this year in Boston, MA and Providence, RI
- the techs who answer my questions and help me “raise the bar”
- my husband for accommodating my long hours
- my friends because they are
Leave a Reply