A website is a BIG project. After the weeks of working on a site, here’s the checklist I use before my sites go live…
My WordPress website pre-launch checklist
- Setup Akismet spam catcher
- Setup Google Analytics
- Make the site visible to search engines: Dashboard —> Settings —> Reading
- Check my permalink settings
- Confirm the time zone
- Click through the navigation bar to make sure all the links are working
- Click though the affiliate links to make sure they’re working
- Final test of the contact form
- Final test of the Opt-in form
- Click the links to be sure the PDF of the Irresistible Free Offer is working
- If my client chooses NOT to have their site hosted on WebSynthesis I setup a backup schedule. FYI: WebSynthesis backs up their entire infrastructure between 1:00 am and 6:00 am CST on a nightly basis and maintains backups for 7 days. They can pull off a backup from their server if necessary.
- Confirm that the login name “admin” is deactivated
- Turn off the Maintenance Mode
- Pop! Fizz!