Missed the first punch? Check out number TWO:
Blog Page Designed to Capture Leads
- Link containing title, date, author, and ability to leave a comment at the very top of each post
- provocative images
- great content
- email opt-in form at the bottom of each post
- share buttons for social media
- comment form
- products and/or offers in your sidebar that compliment your blog post
- short bio with link to our About page
Engaging About Page
- professionally photographed headshot
- content that focuses on what your perfect customer can expect of you, so that you continue to build the business of your heart’s desire and attract only your perfect customers
- sidebar with featured posts
Landing pages have no header, footer or sidebar so your visitor can focus on one thing, only. It’s your opportunity to sell, sell, sell your product or service plus ask people to take an action like:
- sign up for your newsletter and/or free offer
- buy your new book
- buy a product
- give reasons why your perfect customer would want to sign up to be on your list, or buy your product,
- outline the benefits of purchasing your product or service, and
- have a call to action: sign up or buy
…that enables people to give you their name, email address, reason why they are contacting you, and any additional message.
If you want your website to make money while you sleep (e-book, MP3, e-course, products) you’ll need a page where people can purchase your product(s) online. Aim for:
- a good quality product shot
- juicy description
- disclaimer, if any
- your guarantee
- one click button to complete their purchase which might even be a link to a site like Amazon
Your business was not built in a day, and no doubt it has changed since you first began. If you start by building a power house Home page, you’ll be surprise at how quickly the items on this blog post fall together.
Best wishes for your continued success.
Esther Hughes says
Excellent list of needs and invaluable resource in this post. Thanks for sharing!